Ever wonder why your hot cup of Black tea never tastes like the cup you savored from your local tea house? Let me tell you why. There are 9 important things to consider while perfecting that great cup of Black tea!!
- Select the cup that brings you joy and that holds only 6 to 8 ounces.
- Make sure you bring your water to a full boil of 203 degrees Fahrenheit
- Only use one level teaspoon of Black Tea leaves
- Place your leaves in an open-faced infuser or place your leaves in the bottom of your cup (this will require straining from one cup to another, however)
- Pour the 203-degree water over the leaves that are in your infuser or in the bottom of your cup
- Steep your Black Tea for 3 to 5 minutes
- Remember what it is your palate desires and keep in mind that the longer you steep the fuller bodied your tea will be and the caffeine content will increase
- If you desire to enhance with milk or a sweetener you may desire a longer steep
- Savor your wonderfully prepared tea, share your secrets with others and be extremely happy